GOAL: Every youth has the opportunity to be successful.
All at-risk youth in Routt County will receive services.
- 1 in 5 Routt County High School students (or 22%) reported binge-drinking in the past month*
- 17% of Routt County High School seniors admit to driving drunk and 20% admitted to driving stoned*
- 13% of RC HS students seriously considered attempting suicide in the past 12 months*
- Youth that are involved in extracurricular activities including service and civic engagement are less likely to engage in risky behaviors. Youth that are engaged in service activities are more likely to be responsible, productive adult citizens.
*(2012-13 Healthy Kids Colorado Survey, Routt County Report)
- RCUW programs touches 70% of the youth in Routt County
- More opportunities for youth to be engaged: Oak Creek Recreation Department Teen program, North Routt Charter School, Hayden Totally Kids, more youth with mentors, big growth with Boys & Girls Club, creation of the Routt County Youth Services Coalition
- More youth with an increased sense of civic engagement and decision making skills.
- More youth engaged in meaningful activities that teach youth to be productive, engaged adults.