Signup now to volunteer at the link below.
About the Bell Ringing tradition:
Be a part of the timeless bell ringing tradition by greeting holiday shoppers and spreading Christmas cheer. Bring your friends, family and co-workers to sing and join us by ringing a bell for donations in front of Safeway and City Market.
The bell ringing will start on Black Friday and run through Christmas Eve. It is a great way for your civic group to perform community service. We are looking for organizations to take an 10-6pm shift and break the shift up within your organization to get volunteers.
2016 Bell Ringing Dates:
Outside City Market and Safeway, 10:00am—6:00pm
November 25, 26, 27
Dec 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Remember: 100% of your donations stay here in Routt County!
Instructions to Sign up for Bell Ringing
1. This is the Get Involved home page. Click on the magnifying glass to see all Volunteer Needs:
2. This shows all the current volunteer needs. You can browse them all without signing in. You can sort and search by specific fields (agency, interest) using the bars at the top.
3. To view all the Bell Ringing opportunities, click “Ring Bells for Routt County United Way” on the left side of the screen.
This is the landing page for Bell Ringing. Click on the Red >>HERE<< to view available slots for City Market or Safeway
4. You’ll be taken to the shift page for that location. Scroll down and you’ll see this:
5. You can respond to an individual one-hour shift for yourself by clicking on “Respond Individually” next to the shift you would like. If you want to sign up for multiple shifts, click on the “Respond to Multiple” which will take you to a screen where you can check off each shift you’d like to sign up for. You can also sign up as a “Team” by clicking “Respond as a Team”, which means you can sign yourself and one more person up for a shift (filling both available spots).
No matter which button you click, you’ll be directed to log in or sign up, which looks like this:
6. If you have an account already, you can sign in. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT, click on the “Haven’t signed up yet? Click Here” to quickly create one.
7. Quickly sign up for an account by providing the required information. The only required information is your Name, Email, and Phone Number, which have “(Required)” next to them. You will use your email as your username and create a password. Click “Continue to Step 2”.
Select at least 3 Causes you care about. Click “Continue to Step 3”.
8. Select at least 3 Interests and click “Continue to Step 4”.
10. Click Continue to be taken to the shift you are signing up for.
11. If you clicked on “Respond Individually” or “Respond to Multiple”, you will be taken to a screen that looks like this.
12. If you clicked “Respond Individually” on a specific shift, that shift will already be checked. Verify that is the slot you want and move onto the next step. If you clicked “Respond to Multiple”, there won’t be any check marks and you’ll select as many shifts as you’d like to respond to.
Scroll down to fill out any more information you’d like:
13. Your phone number will automatically fill in from your registration. You may add your Company or Address, and if you have any notes to add for the volunteer coordinator to see, to it here. Then, click “Submit Need Response”.
You’ll see this window pop up which confirms your response:
14. If you click “Respond as a Team” next to any shift, you’ll be taken to this screen:
15. Create a fun team name and choose how many people will be on your team (if there are only 2 spots available, it will only allow you to have up to 2 team members). Click “Submit Need Response” to sign up! You’ll be taken to this screen where you can fill out your team by adding members (you will need a name and email). This is not required. You have already signed up and are ready to go! If you do fill out more team details, click “Update Team” below when you are finished.
16. To view which volunteer needs you have responded to, click on the circle with your initials in the top right corner of the screen and scroll down to Need Responses. Click Need Responses.
17. Here you can see all the shifts you have signed up for: