GOAL: Every child is school ready in literacy.
- All families should have access to adequate childcare
- All families should have access to sufficient resources to help pay for childcare
- All children should have access to quality Pre-K experiences.
- At any given time there are only 40 slots for infant child center care in Routt County for approximately 450 babies. (Family Development Center)
- 90 to 100% chance of developmental delays when children experience 5 to 6 risk factors. (Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University)
- RCUW has provided $1.2 million to early childhood education since 2000.
- Last year 90 at-risk, low income children were able to enroll in early childhood education
- 97% of 4 year olds in Routt County who are attending early learning programs are ready for Kindergarten (First Impressions of Routt County)