During these unprecedented times, our nonprofits are working diligently to provide health and human resources to our vulnerable populations in Routt County. Routt County United Way will be working with the Routt County Management team on coordinating volunteer efforts in our county. Many people have expressed interest in volunteering which we appreciate.
Currently, many nonprofits are drawing on their existing volunteer pools and no additional volunteers are needed. However, given the length of time the COVID 19 virus crisis could last, we may need additional volunteers in the future. If you are interested in volunteering, please go to RouttCountyUnitedWay.org to register. Here is a status of the health and human service agencies in our county to date.
- Routt County Council on Aging has stopped all group meals. However, they have packaged meals (hot or cold) for pick up or for delivery (at noon) in all of their service areas. All social gatherings and field trips are canceled. The transportation services are open. Please call 970-879-0633 for a meal or transportation reservation. As of today they have enough volunteers.
- LiftUp of Routt County has closed their thrift store and donation center. The food bank is open through 2 windows. One window will be for families to pick up a food box, the other window will be for case management. LiftUp is asking people to call the food bank ahead of time with the number of people in their family. LiftUp is still seeking food donations of proteins (peanut butter, can tuna, can chicken, etc.), and fresh fruit and vegetables. Please deliver within Food Bank hours of 12:00 to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. They currently have enough volunteers but are creating a backup list. LiftUp food bank number is 970-875-3441. You can also check their Facebook page for up to date information
- Routt County Department of Human Services is providing all services online or over the phone. All federal benefits are required to continue. Food assistance, medical, CCAP, all adult programs, child welfare and adult protection will continue. Starting Wednesday 3/18, the lobby will be open for drop off but no face to face interactions. People can use the kiosk in the lobby to apply, pick up an application or use the internal phone to call a worker and/or get an interview. 970-879-1540.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Colorado have closed both clubs in Routt and Moffat Counties for two weeks. The staff are developing ways to communicate with youth virtually. 970-871-3160 or email@example.com
- BookTrails is accepting summer registrations. Contact for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horizons has suspended all external agency interactions and non-essential daily living functions for the people enrolled in programs. Limited visitations are for family members only. Therapists and Case Managers are working remotely and offering services via phone and secure electronic modalities. Direct Support Professionals continue to provide services implementing strict guidelines from the CDC. Horizons’ Central Office remains open for essential employees. 970-879-2065.
- The Health Partnership has care coordinators contacting everyone they have helped in the last few months plus their current list to understand what the client’s needs may be in the next few weeks. Routt County Care Coordination Team 970.875.3630.
- Integrated Community have closed their offices but are handling client services by phone. Resource and referral 970-819-0190, Immigration Services: 970-819-0190, Interpretation: 970-620-1513, Education Programs: 970-819-3720, Early Childhood: 970-819-1898, Capital Campaign: 970-846-4126
- Northwest Colorado Health has closed the Haven and attached community center to outside parties/visitors. They are ok on volunteers for Home Health and other programs to date. 970-879-1632.
- Northwest Colorado Center for Independence (NWCCI) is accepting phone calls and handling client services remotely. The transportation service is for critical appointments only. Care coordinators are reaching out to client base to see what needs they may have in the next few weeks. The office number will be forwarded and they are checking email. NWCCI has canceled all group activities and events. 970-871-4838 or email@example.com
- Partners in Routt County staff are working from home and are encouraging partners to stay in touch virtually. All group activities, meetings and events are canceled until April 1st. 970-879-6141.
- Reaching Everyone Preventing Suicide staff is supporting clients by phone and email connecting them to resources. All in person trainings have been canceled. 970-846-8182 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rocky Mountain Youth Corp has closed their campus to outside visitors. Moonlight fundraiser canceled, but raffle still open. https://www.rockymountainyouthcorps.org/moonshine They are taking applications for summer employment. For more information call 970-879-2135.
- Routt County United Way is coordinating with Routt County crisis management on volunteer opportunities. Register at RouttCountyUnitedWay.org.
- Yampa Valley Autism Program is hosting their transition services and therapies through distance learning. They are suspending respite, in house support services and after school services. YVAP office is closed, staff working from home. Suspending volunteer support at this time. 970-846-1519 or email@example.com
- Yampa Valley Community Foundation is launching a COVID 19 Response community fund to help agencies serve clients in need. See yvcf.org details.