Routt County Launches Coronavirus / COVID-19 Help Line

For Immediate Release: March 19, 2020 Contact: Cheryl Dalton, Public Information Officer – (720) 320-2195 

Routt County Launches Coronavirus / COVID-19 Help Line 

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, March 19, 2020 — Routt County’s Coronavirus / COVID-19 Help Line provides information regarding the coronavirus, COVID-19 and resources available to county residents. “We know you may have questions so we have activated our Routt County Help Line Center,” Emergency Operations Director David ‘Mo’ DeMorat announced Thursday afternoon. “County employees and volunteers are available to help you find resources, answer some questions, and provide information to help you and your family navigate the Coronavirus outbreak.” 

“The goal of the Routt County Help Line is to make sure county residents locate information needed to keep themselves and their families healthy and safe,” said Tim Corrigan, Chair of the Routt County Board of County Commissioners. 

The Routt County Coronavirus / COVID-19 Help Line can be reached at 970-871-8444 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. seven days per week. The Help Line cannot provide referrals for testing. If you are having a medical emergency please call 911. 

The virus and the illness 

The novel coronavirus 2019 is now technically known as SARS-CoV-2, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), and is a new member of a larger family of coronaviruses that includes viruses that cause the common cold and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, or SARS, first identified in 2003. 

The illness caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2 is called COVID-19, and symptoms can include fever, cough and shortness of breath, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), appearing two to 14 days after exposure. 

Most cases of the COVID-19 disease are mild, according to CDC, but about 16% of people have a more severe illness that can require hospitalization and even lead to death. Older people and people with underlying health issues are most vulnerable. More information is available on the State of Colorado website: 

Leave a Reply