Year-End Giving

If you are planning to participate in year-end giving, it’s an excellent choice given the tax credits available to you (see below). Choosing to give to Routt County United Way means your dollars will have the broadest impact in Routt County in our most critical areas of need.

Ways to Give

Give Now.  Click here to donate easily online now. You can also mail a check (POB 774005, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477), stop by (443 Oak Street, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487), or call 970.879.5605.

Make a Gift in Stocks. Make your gift sustainable through your stock portfolio. Routt County United Way securities are professionally managed by Wells Fargo Advisors. To give securities, please contact our office at 970-879-5605 or contact Kate at

IRA Charitable Rollover.  You are able to support our community with an IRA Charitable Rollover. Click Here to learn more.

Donate a Vehicle.  You can donate cars, trucks, boats, planes, motorcycles, RVs, and heavy farm equipment, running or not, and it will be converted into a cash donation for Routt County United Way. Our vehicle donation program is operated by Vehicle Donation to Any Charity, LLC. To donate a vehicle call 1-877-999-8322 weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., EST; Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST or donate online here.

Planned Giving. Consider including Routt County United Way in your estate plan. The bequest can take the form of a specific asset (such as a home), a specific amount or percentage of your estate. Learn more about gift planning >>

Tax Credit Information

All donations to Routt County United Way are tax deductible as allowed by law. You will receive a thank you letter that serves as a receipt for your tax deductible contribution.

Enterprise Tax Credit: Donations of $250 or more to Routt County United Way in the name of  Routt-to-Work (Enterprise Zone) will receive 25% tax credit on CO State Income Tax. Download EZ Tax Credit Information here.

Childcare Tax Credit. Donations made to Routt County United Way designated to a qualified childcare center will receive 50% tax credit on CO State Income Tax. If you wish us to designate to the child care center in the most need, we are happy to do so. Please just notify of this. Download Childcare Tax Credit Information here.

Click here to learn more about these tax credits.